Monday, October 1, 2012

Adding/Dropping Classes

First day of class and I’m running late! When I arrived I was relieved to find people still standing outside. I stood in line with them for a few minutes, thinking it was the line for attendance, until I found out they weren’t even in the class, they just wanted to join.


I took a seat and look at everyone, standing in the front of the class. It was crazy that there were more of them, then students already in the class. 

I felt bad for the students who were rejected and had to walk out but I was relieved for myself knowing that I had a seat in all my classes. I knew how those students felt because I remembered when I was enrolling for classes online and all of the ones I wanted to take were full. I remember feeling angry and upset, I kept telling myself that I should have done this sooner.

Hopefully we can all learn from these students and remember this next semester when we wait till the last minute to add a class.

9 comments:

  1. For me every time I would get last to add classes, but than my friend told me about EOPS,
    I went to EOPS, they told me next semester this service well help you get your classes first, i cant wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend told me about that too, I just never looked in to it but I think I will now.

      Delete
  2. We have EOPS here at SWC, too, so it is an option. Great suggestion, Abby. It gives students priority registration. But, given the budget crunch, who knows if they are admitting more students. Check it out, Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, it sucks when we have to be standing in from of class to try and crash it. Your heart pounds like crazy because we know we have all the eyes on us staring and waiting to hear the rejection from the teacher saying he can only take one or two and the rest leaves disappointed. I was one of them, but i decided to join the TILA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me, I didn't get the class I wanted so i decided to join the Bayan classes and I am glad I did.

      Delete
  4. I was one of those people on the first day of college! It was horrible getting kicked out at seven in the morning for two classes in a row. It's not the same from not getting them online and actually getting asked to leave the class in front of several other student. Your right it serves as a lesson and early registration would be best next semester ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can imagine it is way worse actually being in front of a class than behind a computer x)

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I know how being kicked out of the class in the first day of school feels like. Last semester I attempted to crash in Math, but not just me, there were 18 more crashers in the classroom,all of us standing because the chairs were full.The teacher looked at us and said that crashers had no chance of entering the class that semester.

    ReplyDelete