Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's Not Worth It



I’ve recently seen and heard a couple stories about people thinking about taking their lives and some who actually did it. I can’t say I have had thoughts about suicide, myself, but my heart still bleeds for those people, hearing their stories always puts me in a gloomy mood.

Whenever this topic comes up I always think about this song by Bei Maejor. It’s about a suicidal teenager whose parents are not there for him, he has no friends and hates his life; the only people who are there for him are his sister and Maejor. The song tells the story of his life turning around with their help. Even though I can’t connect myself to the actual story of the song, I appreciate it for its message and my favorite part of the song, at the end:

Anybody going through anything, thinking about taking their life or anything, don’t, it’s not worth it for real, it can change at any minute. 

Trust God, Love yourself, There’s people who love you.

6 comments:

  1. Life is something we all take for granted, having family, friends and people there who actually care about us is something not everyone can have. i am just thankful that i do have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it’s the sad truth, not everyone is fortunate enough to have someone like that. But we are very lucky that we do.

      Delete
  2. My name is Eddie I go to SDCC, People who try to commit sucicide to me I feel they didn't think things through completely because there is way more to life. When things go bad the suicidle need to think of the good things in life. The song is a very nice song and when you don't have no one there try to look for support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I also feel like some people that try to commit suicide do not think things through. I think they act upon a certain moment or time in their lives and do not know what they are giving up.

      Delete
  3. What Bei Maejor song is that?

    But thats true. People that are thinking about suicide just need people to help em out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song is called Teardrops and Telephone Calls and yeah when we are going through rough times, it is always easier when we have someone helping us out.

      Delete